Monday, November 30, 2009

December 2nd 2007 VS December 2nd 2009

On December 2nd 2007 I decided to meet some friends at the Temple to enjoy in the lights. Well needless to say I didn't make it to the Temple that night. I was in a car accident that injured me and forced me to realize what was really going on in my life and how I really was doing with things like finances. It was like a slap in the face. For the next year, my foot heel healed and I went back to work. Also I got my finances in order and back on track with a lot of spiritual things too. The working didn't last long though. My Dr. didn't want me to be on my foot for more than 15 minutes every hour. I was working at a hospital, there was no way I could do that. The Dr. found arthritis inbetween the joints of my ankle and said that surgery was needed if I wanted to walk with no pain and no limp,but I had to wait a full year after the break of my heel to have the surgery. Well I waited and then I wait a little longer for insurance to approve the surgery. On July 16th, 2009 I had the surgery, a full year and 7 months after the car accident. Its been a long road to get myself back on track health wise and now I'm finding it hard to get myself back on track work wise and financially. Its a hard time and all I can do is try. During all this I developed friendships and I learned a lot about the person that I want to be and I learned how to be a leader and so much about the gospel. Its amazing when in a class I can raise my hand to answer a question and it would be the right answer. I love my testimony and its helped me stay strong and get through so much. The friendships that I've developed are the type of friendships that I will have for all eternity. I'm so grateful for everyone in my life. I really am :) I honestly have love for everyone. So this December 2nd, 2009 I am happy to know that everything I'm doing in my life are the right things :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Amanda! I can't believe it's already been two years! I'm glad you have such a positive attitude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe~thanks!! Seriously, the positive attitude is something I had to develope/learn to have. ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete