Saturday, June 27, 2009

SURGERY

Wow!! I have waited more than a year and in 19 days I will be on the mend and looking toward the future. My surgery is on JULY 16Th!!! I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.I got this packet today from my really cute DOCTOR-that is a member of my church ;)but I have never seen a ring on the man's finger to know if he is single!! - The packet tells of all the types of things to expect before-during-after the surgery. Some of it is a little scary.Some, I pretty much rolled my eyes at. They are going to be scraping out all the arthritis that formed in between the joints of my ankle and then be putting two screws in to fuse the joints together. One screw will be going down into the ankle and the heel and the Second screw will be put in from the bottom of the heel into the ankle. I will be completely out during this, but that is what scares me. There are many cases where people don't wake up from the anesthesia, or they have bad side affects. My mom,of course, will be at the hospital with me. That's a comfort and a blessing, she wont let them do anything the aren't not supposed to do! I love her! I won't be wasting the days by counting down to the day, but trying to have as much fun on my two feet as possible until I can only have fun on one foot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment