Monday, June 29, 2009

Terrible... MONDAYS

So today is Monday and it started pretty normal. I had my list of chores I had to do and another list of what I had to help the kids do. By the time we got done it was 1pm. Of course we stopped at noon to have lunch :) By 3:15pm I thought it was going to be a pretty nice day. Then I got the mail and noticed that there was a letter in their from my soon to be ex-sister-in-law. Okay so let me back up to about October 2006 just to fill you in on some things.

My Brother and his wife Jennifer in spring of 2006 started to do drugs :( sad I know, My parents found out about it in the summertime of 2006, by October 2006 my parents had convinced both my Brother and his wife to let them have guardianship over the 3 kids to let them have insuraunce since my brother couldn't afford healthcare at that time. Well one day I came home from work around 11:00pm and found in the living room 3 kids sleeping next to my Dad. I woke him up and he told me how Jason and Jenn got into a fight and the cops were called and how Jason was in jail and Jenn was on the run. Drugs do destroy families!! From that day on those three kids have lived with my parents and I. They have been a constant joy to me and my parents. Since 2007 my Brother has been clean and getting his life turned back on the right track. He's doing a great job. Jenn on the otherhand has not. She just barely went to rehab for a suicide attempt. Its so sad.

Today I thought she sent a letter asking to see the kids or something, but when I opened it, inside were court papers petitioning to have the guardianship terminated from my parents :( It breaks my heart to not want to let them go with her, but they have been doing really great these past 3 years. Their happy and you can see it on their faces and in their actions and speech. She ticks me off by waiting to give us these court papers until there is only a week until the court date (even though she has known about it since the first of June). I love those kids very much and can't and wont give them up. My parents can't and wont and their father knows what is best for them better than their mother does. During the past 3 years she has only seen them like 5 times. What mother could go that long without talking or seeing their children? I pity her for her cowardness and her inability to do what is right. It is possible for her to better herself, but she literally, like 2 months ago, tried to kill herself!! She is not ready to be a Mother of 3 children again. I'm heartbroken and sad. My parents are really baffled that she would actually try this. For her sake and the kid's I hope she fails. Those kids don't deserve to have their lives torn apart again. She shouldn't put that much responsibility on herself. I'm terrified for these kids and love them with all that Iam I just had to get this off my chest!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes horrible story! What is the scariest is that she could harm the kids if she isn't in the right mind. No way should she be able to get her kids back!!

    ReplyDelete